How To Make Magic Mud - From a Potato!

How To Make Magic Mud - From a Potato!
It's mind-blowing to think this stuff is in our food! Here's how to make a glowing "magical mud" from ordinary potatoes.
When I realized that potatoes could be chopped up and soaked to leach out the starch, of course the first thing I thought of was making oobleck. My mind was blown when I experimented with this process, and realized the starch would collect at the bottom of the dish, and would stay in place when the water and impurities were poured out. After only a couple of rinses, it's amazing to see how pure the starch powder can be. It looks exactly like cornstarch that could be purchased at the store. I was familiar with the idea of making tonic water glow under UV light, so wondered how it would would mix with the starch powder. The result was very gratifying!