Floating Paperclips

Floating Paperclips
A paperclip is balanced so that it floats on top of water.
This was a fun experiment I used to do with my dad when I was young. It's very common and has been around forever, but in the back of my young mind I always thought it would be cool to make a video one day so everyone could do it. Trying to get a paperclip to float on water is nearly impossible because it's heavier than water, but my dad showed me that if you simply put a piece of toilet paper on top of the water, then drop the clip on top, the paper will slowly sink to the bottom and leave the clip floating on the top due to surface tension. You can then reach in carefully and remove the toilet paper to remove any evidence. Since making this video, I've also seen another way you can do it, by slowing lowering it down onto the surface of the water using another paperclip.